The Wild Grass Lodge
Situated on the south bank of the Brahmaputra river, Kaziranga National Park (Assam, India) is famous for the stronghold of the armoured one-horned Indian Rhinoceros .Kaziranga is home also to elephants, sloth bears, tigers, leopard cats, jungle cats, hog badgers, capped langurs, hoolock gibbons, pigs, jackals, porcupines, pythons, wild buffaloes, Indian bison, swamp deer, sambhars and hog deer. Besides these, the park has a respectable avian population, which increases considerably in the winter, when migrating birds visit the park. The Wild Grass Lodge is a Jungle Lodge located outside Kaziranga National Park in the state of Assam. It is about 200 km away from Guwahati. It is an attractive rural style hotel with grounds having more than 40 species of trees over 200 species of shrubs, creepers and climbers.
Accommodation Facilities :
- Three meals a day including tea
- Village visit, Tea garden visit with prior permission
- Tribal village visits
- Nature trek
- All wildlife viewing by jeeps with a guide
- Breakfast & packed lunch upon departure
Sports & Leisure Activites :
- Wildlife viewing by jeeps, elephant ride & open-trucks
- Bird watching
- Nature walks
- Trekking in the park
- Visit to the Ranthambore fort and sightseeing to other nearby places.
How to get There :
- 5½ hr. drive from Guwahati.
- Regular flights to Guwahati from Metro cities 5½ hr. drive thereafter.
- Flights to Jorhat from Calcutta, 2½ hr. drive
- Regular air conditioned trains to Guwahati from Calcutta and Delhi, 5½ hr. drive thereafter.